PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about PS2 Story Mode

ThrayWalsh
12-06-2007, 03:33 PM
I just got me a EU copy of Phantasy Star Universe recently and until I get my internet connection sorted out along with a wireless network set up, I'm trying out the Story mode to get myself used to the gameplay...

I do have some questions to ask...

1) How do I use a gun and a bladed weapon together in Story Mode as I can't seem to use my PowerGun in Chapter 3 [The chapter in which the Free Mission option is unlocked] in the same slot as my Brand weapon... In fact, I can't seem to use my PowerGun period even tho I upgraded it to fire Ice bullets as a backup system
2) What other items do I need to use alongside the Varha/Valha Claw to create the special Claw weapon that can be used by Hunters...

On another note, if anybody recognises me from PSO:BB, I'll be hopefully be back online in the BB servers when my life's a lot less hectic [I'm doing a Cisco course at the moment...]

nomercy
12-06-2007, 05:46 PM
I'm not sure about that gun problem :S I think either you've got Twin Powerguns instead of single, or you don't have the ATA to use it yet. Guns should be on the left and blades on the right, it's weird.

ThrayWalsh
13-06-2007, 03:13 PM
It was definitely a Powergun and maybe you're right about the second option... In any case, I've since sold the gun [after removing its Photon Art] and replaced it with Twin Powerguns which were a godsend in Chapter 4...:)

On another note, Rabarta+Resta on a Wand is a great combo in that chapter as well...

nomercy
13-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Heh. You don't have to remove PAs from weapons before you sell them. The skill is on your character, not the weapon.

ThrayWalsh
14-06-2007, 10:01 AM
My bad... I thought you had to remove the PA's from the weapons before transferring them to the new ones...

nomercy
14-06-2007, 11:35 AM
Nope. It's actually useful that you can put the same PA on more than one weapon. Then if one runs out of PP, just swap weapons and keep onkicking ass.

ThrayWalsh
14-06-2007, 03:04 PM
It's a good job I made nearly half a million meseta then by Chapter Six, most of it on doing the first Free Mission again and again and selling most of the items I got...:)

nomercy
14-06-2007, 10:07 PM
Lol... Almost enough for an S-Rank then.

ThrayWalsh
15-06-2007, 10:20 AM
Right now I've decided to do the Free Mission involving the De Ragan a few times to build up my Hunter levels [That plus the money and XP is pretty good]

On another note, is there any way of creating Kubora Wood as I found I need it to create items like the Vahra Claw weapon and I have most of the items needed except Kubora Wood which I also need for other [B] boards...

Kitsadoodles
15-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Sadly, there is no way to create Kubara wood. It's really bad, especially for the big, rare Kubara weapons! But they most commonly drop in the mission 'What is in the Ruins', in Parum's east district.

ThrayWalsh
16-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the help, kitsadoodles especially as I've activated that particular mission already...

nomercy
16-06-2007, 10:50 AM
They normally drop... Uh, on the second level of that mission. Just before you go up the stairs to the final big fight before the bosses, there ae five boxes. It's most commonly found there.