PDA

View Full Version : Someone Help

Pain
20-02-2007, 01:27 AM
Ok so I'm thinking about getting PSU for my PS2 but i need to ask some questions, 1) I'm not going to be able to get online with it so is that reason alone not to buy it. 2) On the PSUniverse.net item listings the weapons and items listed under online availability are only available online or offline too. 3) Also when i was browsing throught the weapon listings i noticed that the drops changed from PSO, instead now do all weapons appear in a shop or are there still those rares that yoiu can only find. The second one seems kind of like an obviouse question but i need to double check. Thanks to anyone that can help me. All of you do a good job compilaling information through discussion.

Pain
20-02-2007, 01:57 AM
Also i need to know if this is going to be worth getting because I'm going to have to buy a new PS2 for it, mind you i probably won't be playing this online, but i love PSO so much that it seems logical to want to get the next instalment of it, with all that said is it something i should do or just stick to the gamecube.

PD Edge
20-02-2007, 02:01 AM
Well to answer your questions, PSU is fun and all but the offline part is okay, its both easier and more time consuming to get things done.

Right now, there is more items i believe offline that you can get than offline, but that will change eventually. Online has the episode 2 part of the story. Also the stats for the weapons vary greatly from offline to online.

For item drops and such, you don't find weapons really anymore at all, you find the materials and boards for weapons, armor, and even items like scapedolls, you have to then use your PM(new mag equivalent) to make you the item/weapon. There is a chance that it can fail though.

Pain
20-02-2007, 02:04 AM
Right now, there is more items i believe offline that you can get than offline, but that will change eventually.
So you're saying that there is more stuff offline then there is online, and more over the weapons listed in the item lists on the PSUniverse.net page that say available online are those offline too or not?

PD Edge
20-02-2007, 02:25 AM
Well judging by what Ragol has, it seems there is more online, than offline, but I do know there is some stuff offline right now thats not online. But later the online will likely have it.

Pain
20-02-2007, 04:24 AM
Ok thanks for the info, i think i'm going to get a 360 and buy PSU for that, and who knows maybe i will get it online.

Uae
20-02-2007, 09:09 AM
Defiantly worth getting a 360 online in my opinion, you dont even need xbox live gold to play psu online i think... (dont quote me on that though:S )

Pain
20-02-2007, 05:02 PM
Really? I'll have to look into that, because if it's true then I'll be on maybe this weekend.

PD Edge
20-02-2007, 08:52 PM
You dont need xbox live gold to play PSU online, but you do need to pay the monthly fee for PSU.

Vay
21-02-2007, 01:05 AM
OR! You can get it on PC / PS2 and meet myself and PD-Edge :P Hah! Seriously, it's a very fun game though.

Pain
21-02-2007, 02:28 AM
Ha ha ha I don't we'll see i'm kind of up in the air about which system to buy.

Vay
25-02-2007, 05:48 AM
Any update, Pain? I anxiously await another forumer online to chat up. :)

Pain
25-02-2007, 08:31 PM
Well unfourtunatly rent and car insurance is taking up the bulk of my money but when i save enough i decided on getting a xbox 360. But eventually i would like to save enough for a PS3. So for now I'm sticking to the gamecube.

Ivan
28-02-2007, 01:31 PM
I honestly would wait till yo ugot that 360, or just have a nice PC and get it for that. Game graphics are much better on the 360 or your PC (if properly equipped)

Vay
28-02-2007, 10:57 PM
Honestly waiting for a solid PC or getting the 360 are your best bets to play this game. Certain missions lag on the PS2 'cause of issues with the hardware, but this is not the case on the other two machines.

By the way, Ivan, are you on PC/PS2 or 360? :)

Ivan
28-02-2007, 11:11 PM
PC, sir. ^_^

Pain
01-03-2007, 08:05 AM
Right on, actually that's the kind of decide maker right there. My goal is to get it for the 360 and my parents just got DSL so I'm going to see about going online with it, with that happens I plan on looking you guys up.