PDA

View Full Version : Taking Easy Screenshots on PSU

Ivan
29-01-2007, 02:38 PM
There's a tool thanks to imageshack that makes screen capturing much easier.

Assign a key shortcut to taking a picture of your monitor and saving it as a file automatically. Customizer where to save it.

If using for PSU (and especially if running in windows mode) I recommend checking the option "Take shot of active window only).

Link can be found here. (reg.imageshack.us/content.php?page=quickshot) Enjoy the brilliance of easy photos on the greatest Phantasy Star game yet! How cool is that?!?!

I strongly reccomend this; much easier than the paste function in paint.

pink
29-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Umm... but Ivan... pressing Print Screen while playing PSU saves a screen shot in...

C:\Documents and Settings\(User Name)\My Documents\SEGA\PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE\SCREENSHOTS

You don't even need to copy and paste anything into Paint or anything like that. I suppose a good use for this tool would be if it'll save the screenshot in something that isn't BMP format. But either way... taking screenshots is already easy on PSU... :P

Poo Fly
29-01-2007, 05:02 PM
this might be quite handy, if it saves it differently to the normal ones.
as The BMPs that psu saves are weird, they won't open in photoshop directly, i have to open them in paint and printscreen it to move it over, and the crop.

Ivan
29-01-2007, 08:23 PM
Nonetheless, I first started using this with Blue Burst. Which doesn't have that feature; I also didn't know that PSU did that...that does explain what that folder there in my documents is there for... :P

pink
29-01-2007, 10:01 PM
That folder also contains your offline save data as well as a few setting related documents. :P That's merely the folder where PSU puts any user-specific information.