PDA

View Full Version : WarTecher?

Junon
30-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Can someone explain the "WarTecher" advanced class in greater detail than my current knowlegde?

My knowledge; Main type being a Hunter, with strongish Techniques. Also are the advanced classes available now, or will they come in a future patch?

Thats about the extent of my knowledge... which is probably wrong :)

Thanks!

FantasyMeister
01-12-2006, 05:06 PM
Advanced Types aren't in the online game at the time of me posting, but should be available in a future update pretty soon given that quite a few players are now level 10 in their existing Type and are chomping at the bit to customise them further.

From the information I've gleaned, Wartecher would be what I consider a 'battlemage': S-class in Twin and 1H Daggers, A-class in Wands, Bows, Cards and Handguns and other assorted striking weapons, can get to level 20 in Skills and Technics and level 10 in Bullets.

So whilst it gives you the choice between 'up close and personal' with the daggers or 'stand back and nuke' with the wands, you lose whatever benefits there are to being able to take a skill/bullet/technic to level 30.

Wartecher is very tempting for me because of the S-class daggers, I currently use B-class 5* daggers on my Hunter and they do incredible damage compared to my other 5* weapons, so I'd hate to think how much the S-class versions are capable of.

Because I'm a Beast though, I'm leaning more towards Fortefighter (which gets a Beasty Bonus for the a good Race/Type combination). Fortefighter is meant to be unique in being the only Type online with S-class Axe ability, I just hope the damage axes can do matches the daggers.

Edit: SEGA have announced via 1up.com that the advanced classes will be available online as from December 8th when they do their next update.

Reigast
14-12-2006, 01:03 AM
My knowledge; Main type being a Hunter, with strongish Techniques. Also are the advanced classes available now, or will they come in a future patch?

Try that the other way around and you'd be right.

I'd say Wartechers are Forces with decent attacks, somewhat like FOmars used to play. They're the most balanced class I've seen. (more so than the Protransers. Sure, they've got really balanced stats, but can't use techs, so what good are they? unless I'm mistaken, and infact they can use techs, in which case i retract this statement.)

Wartechers are love. I plan to be one by the end of the week.

The rest of the world seems to have gone fighgunner though. rofl.

Poo Fly
14-12-2006, 01:09 AM
i'm a low level wartechers at the moment, they are more force than Hunter i'd say, at level 29 i can equip some A rank wands, but of the melee and ranged stuff, my atp is high enough to manage the low B rank stuff, sort of, This is because i;m a Newman though, maybe a Beast Wartecher would appear more a Hunter than a Force?

Kitsadoodles
14-12-2006, 01:12 AM
Wartecher is a great class. They get some good melee weapons and skills, but even better force weapons and techs! It's really a great class, pretty much no matter what race you're using. It's important to consider that though, because it is more force than hunter!

Hrith
14-12-2006, 02:46 AM
Wartecher (and Guntecher) will suck until buff Technics are released.

Poo Fly
14-12-2006, 03:22 AM
i'm gonna have to fill up my pallette with lots of Buffing wands arent i? ;-;

Moonwraith
14-12-2006, 10:29 AM
Wartecher (and Guntecher) will suck until buff Technics are released.
I imagine they'll be godly soloers when they get Megistar though.

Anti Hacker
14-12-2006, 01:36 PM
Actually I've used a wartechter, and I don't find they need buffing technics. It would probably make them much stronger, but wartechters seem to be able to solo just fine. Be prepared for a long-ish game though... Most missions are possible solo but no one's saying they won't take their time!

Kitsadoodles
14-12-2006, 11:28 PM
Well, obviouslt they won't be incredible at melee until they get their buffs, but think about how much tech damage they'll be doing, and how much damage they won't be taking because of their semi-hunter-ish stats!

Poo Fly
15-12-2006, 02:19 AM
i'm enjoying it at the moment, i can hit stuffs, and pull out resta anytime its needed, its fun being helpful :P
and it gives me a great reason to level, to upgrade my weapons one by one, something i didnt need to do on PSO after a little while ^_^