PDA

View Full Version : Svaltus Sword???

Narhunter
20-11-2006, 03:47 PM
hi
i am looking for Svaltus Sword....
can somebody help me to find one?
i know it not easy to find the Svaltus Sword because it a s-rank weapon
so, i want to know were can i find it ''area,boxes,boss or mission''.
it true that it can be only found in offline mode.
thank for your help,
waiting for a responds...

pink
20-11-2006, 04:54 PM
Yes, Svaltos Sword is only available offline right now. To get it you must:

1. Reach chapter 12 in Story Mode
2. S Rank the Free Mission called "Absolute Zero" found at the Moatoob Flyer Base
3. S Rank the Free Mission called "What is in the Ruins" from the Parum Flyer Base
4. Find all the materials needed to make the Svaltos Sword
5. Successfully synthesize it.

The hardest synthesize material to find is the three pieces of Kabaru Wood, the easiest place to get these is in the boxes in the Free Mission "What is in the Ruins". Good luck! XD

Moonwraith
20-11-2006, 05:05 PM
Just to add that Absolute Zero has a level 60 requirement so you won't be able to get Svaltus Sword at least until you hit level 60.

Svaltus Edge can also drop from Svaltus - I got a drop from the last Svaltus of What is in the Ruins then got a second one for S-Ranking it :P

As for successfully synthing it, if you don't consider it cheating you can save and reload until it works.

pink
20-11-2006, 05:38 PM
Hehehe... yeah... hehe... the joys of offline mode... hehe... weapons grinded 10 times anyone? XD

nomercy
25-11-2006, 06:31 PM
You'd need to be a pretty high synth level to get it correct with any certainty, right? I've only synthed one Trimate so far, since I don't bother much, so I don't know for sure.

pink
25-11-2006, 07:15 PM
As long as you put quality parts into the synthesizing you can usually come out successful, but having a higher synthesizing rating in the weapon or armor's category is a big help too. XD

nomercy
25-11-2006, 07:17 PM
Huh? Quality parts? I thought the synth boards gave you one set of components to use, and then you could make the item when you had those?

pink
25-11-2006, 07:19 PM
Nope. You have played far enough yet to run into it, but some synthesizing boards have entires such as "??? Wood" or "??? Ore". You've got to put your choice of wood, ore, etc into those slots. The higher the star-rating on it, the better chance of success.

nomercy
25-11-2006, 07:22 PM
Thinking about it, I think I have one that says that. The two-star sword, Gigush, right? It needs ??? Photon.

pink
25-11-2006, 07:23 PM
Ahh yes, the Gigush. ??? Photon slots are a bit different. This merely allows you to add an element to that sword... but since elemental photons are incredibly rare, you'll likely just have to give it a neutral photon. (Elemental photons can eventually be purchased at the synthesis store offline)

nomercy
25-11-2006, 07:27 PM
Ah yeah. But.. what's with all of these Im Photons and such? They have the same descriptions, I think.

pink
25-11-2006, 07:31 PM
Photons, Im-Photons, and El-Photons... The point to them is that some weapons require either Im-Photons or El-Photons, usually rods and wands since they cannot possess an element without spells binded to them. If you don't want to add an element to your weapon, just use regular Photons.

nomercy
25-11-2006, 07:48 PM
Ah yeah. There are lots of different materials and all, and lots of boards, too. I think i'll start compiling a list of where to find them all.

Reigast
02-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Ahh yes, the Gigush. ??? Photon slots are a bit different. This merely allows you to add an element to that sword... but since elemental photons are incredibly rare, you'll likely just have to give it a neutral photon. (Elemental photons can eventually be purchased at the synthesis store offline)
They're really common online. Normal Photons are pretty hard to come by online.

I got one of these Svaltus Edges last night when I fought it on Offline Story mode.

Is it worth Synthing?

Or should I just plough through the game? To be honest, Offline seems a bit of a doddle compared to online mode.

nomercy
02-12-2006, 06:17 PM
I'm finding it easy myself. Although I haven't found any rare enemy parts yet, and my synthing...non-existent.

Namillus
02-12-2006, 07:59 PM
They're really common online. Normal Photons are pretty hard to come by online.

Buy for 100 at Clyez Synthesis Shop?

pink
02-12-2006, 08:17 PM
The Svaltos Sword is worth synthing... in Extra Mode at least. XD In Story Mode you can usually have the game beaten before you're even high enough in level to go earn the synthesis board.

Reigast
02-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Buy for 100 at Clyez Synthesis Shop?
I've not even been in a Synthesis Shop. I tend to get photons by bashing things over the head.

nomercy
06-12-2006, 06:19 PM
I've not even been in a Synthesis Shop. I tend to get photons by bashing things over the head.

I'm the opposite. I tend to get mine from opening field items (Not crates).