PDA

View Full Version : A Good Place to Hunt Kabaru Wood

pink
12-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Okay, first thing's first... I'm OFFLINE in Extra Mode, so please note that before responding. It's totally different from online mode.

Okay... I recently came across a weapon I would like to synthesize, the Svaltos Sword... but I have one small problem. I need one more piece of Kabaru Wood. Is there any free mission in Extra Mode that it's particularly simple to find this rare wood? I need it to finish the weapon and I've been trying to track it down all over the place, I have no idea where I got my first 2 pieces of it from.

Any help is appreciated.

Kisanzi
12-11-2006, 08:18 PM
The best place I've heard other people hunting it in offline mode is the Parum Mission - Whats in the Ruins? It might drop in the Hive missions too but so far everyone has said "What's in the Ruins" is the best.

pink
12-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Okay. :) I'll give it a try when I get some spare time. Thanks for the tip! (And here I thought Wood items wouldn't drop in places like that... XD)

oz78
16-11-2006, 03:57 PM
1st post. Hi all! well, I've done over 20 runs for the free mission "What is in the ruins?" and have yet gotten a kubara wood. I'm hoping to make a Svaltos Sword before I kick off my final chapter story main missions. Wish me luck. hope you got yours too pink!

pink
16-11-2006, 05:30 PM
Oh I did. XD It only took me 3 runs to get the last piece I needed. I put the light element on my Svaltos Sword so now Pink can do upwards to around 1500 damage with one swing to three enemies. XD It'll be even MORE damage once I finish leveling Tornado Break.

Kitsadoodles
16-11-2006, 11:38 PM
Ah, I'm scared! At that point in the game, do you need to do that much damage?! Because I'm gonna get ripped to pieces if its anywhere near that!
EDIT: OMG, 1,000 posts! Weeee!

pink
17-11-2006, 02:53 AM
No you don't. XD That 1,500 hit rips apart smaller enemies easily in one swipe. XD

oz78
17-11-2006, 06:15 AM
No you don't. XD That 1,500 hit rips apart smaller enemies easily in one swipe. XD
Man I really look forward to pawning every single lifeform in storymode!

Kitsadoodles
17-11-2006, 09:44 PM
As do I, my friend...as do I.

Lee Xao Vue
12-12-2006, 07:44 AM
The best place I've heard other people hunting it in offline mode is the Parum Mission - Whats in the Ruins? It might drop in the Hive missions too but so far everyone has said "What's in the Ruins" is the best.

do de ragan runs i get like 1-2 everytime for some reason =\

pink
12-12-2006, 02:49 PM
There wasn't any need to bump this topic... and we were specifically discussing finding Kubara Wood in offline mode. I emphasized "offline" in the first post.