PDA

View Full Version : Halloween on PSU

Darkwolf30
19-10-2006, 02:10 AM
Sonic Team announced today that special a Halloween theme will be coming to the Japanese version of Phantasy Star Universe. This theme will run from October 20th to November 9th. While it is in effect, certain areas, such as the field lobby, will be updated to receive Halloween decorations and you will be able to hunt for Hallo Rappies. Also, you can buy a Halloween room theme for 5000 meseta. It is currently unknown if the Halloween festivities will be available on the North American version when it is released.

found that on PSO world today. wonder if the American realase will actully get it.

pink
19-10-2006, 02:25 AM
If there's a free trial for US players... THERE BETTER DARN WELL BE HALLOWEEN TOO! *growls and shakes fist threateningly*

Moonwraith
19-10-2006, 07:43 AM
Since the game releases stateside just 4 days after this event starts it makes sense that they too would have Halloween... still, it's never a really good idea to make assumptions when talking about Sega.

Darkwolf30
19-10-2006, 12:27 PM
Yeah but it'd also make sense to give the US realase and Extra 4 days to do it too. But we will see. Hopefully it will be on there.

nomercy
19-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Heh, I won't get to see it. Since if my sources are correct, it doesn't release in the UK until November... So no Hallo Rappies for me.

pink
19-10-2006, 09:00 PM
Wonder what the new-fangled Hallo Rappies are going to look like...

nomercy
19-10-2006, 09:04 PM
They might look good. I can't help but think the PS2 version is going to seem bad, though. Since its also being released on a next-gen, and for PC.

Darkwolf30
19-10-2006, 09:32 PM
Well you could possibly import a US version for Uk for PS2 or PC since the US/EU servers are connected.

nomercy
19-10-2006, 09:33 PM
But for PS2 I would require some form of upgrade to it, correct?

Darkwolf30
19-10-2006, 09:47 PM
I don't think so, I just think you will need an internet connection if you want to play on the internet.

nomercy
19-10-2006, 09:52 PM
Hmm... I'll give it a shot.

Darkwolf30
19-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Yeah, I see no problem. The US version should work on you PS2. PS2's arn't region based im pretty sure.

nomercy
19-10-2006, 09:59 PM
They are, I think. I know some imported games require a console to be chipped, but i'm not certain of what console/s that's for.

Darkwolf30
19-10-2006, 10:10 PM
Hmmm neither am i. See if anyone in UK has imported a US game before and asked them if it worked.

Kitsadoodles
19-10-2006, 11:08 PM
I hope we also get a Halloween celebration, that'd really be a perfect way to start out our time on PSU! But I am really scared to see what the Hallo-Rappies might look like, considering how freat the normal Rappies got...

RebelMaren
20-10-2006, 02:30 PM
Theres 2 problem with the Halloween theme for the US EU version if they decide to do it however

1. US Players will be used to the Halloween theme since they'll pretty much start of with it, then they'll see the default theme later, that'd be a little strange for the opening of the game.

2. EU players would miss the Halloween events completely (or maybe just catch the end of it). really making that month the US players get before us a big thing, at any rate I'm importing so I want to see Halloween myself :P Whatever the Hallo Rappies drop, I hope it's something to do with NiGHTS :D

nomercy
20-10-2006, 06:21 PM
Gah, I want to kill some rappies so badly now. What with my PS2 being my only current working console, i'm pretty screwed.

PSU.UndeadAngel
20-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Another problem with this (provided American players get the Halloween theme too), is that once European players get online, the American players can pretty much charge whatever they want for the Halloween drops, since it would be impossible for the European players to acquire them.

Now, I'm an American player, but it still seems unfair to me. The best advice I can give to European players is import a US PC copy of PSU and get the drops while you can, then when the game comes out in your region, buy it for the PlayStation 2 if that is what system you'll be playing it on.

I truly feel bad for you guys, so if I find any extra drops I'll be sure to donate them to our fellow European board members.

nomercy
20-10-2006, 07:45 PM
Hm, I probably won't do that. What with the whole having two copies of the same thing idea, I can't see that much point in me shelling out for the same thing twice. But since its highly unlikely i'll be playing online, it doesn't matter. Also, if the drops happen offline as well (I doubt it though) then players could easily rewind their clock to get it.

Darkwolf30
20-10-2006, 09:05 PM
Yeah but if it were to run like that offline i know it would run off an online clock basis.

Kevwin
23-10-2006, 05:42 PM
Hmmm neither am i. See if anyone in UK has imported a US game before and asked them if it worked.

PS2 is region based and in the UK only EU releases can be played. Chipping allows import games to be played on the PS2 but the security features on PSU means that if any of the hardware used is not SONY brand then the authentication process will be cancelled when trying to get online. So if you are using a third party memory card or network adapter you will not be able connect. Also if your PS2 is modified in any way You cannot connect.

so to get online with a PS2 in the UK you MUST:
Wait until the oficial release on November 24th.
Have an Official Sony 8mb Memory card (magic gate)
Have an Official Sony Network Adapter or PSTWO Slimline.
Your Playstation must not be modified

It sucks :-( that us Importers can't get PSU early on the PS2 but Im pretty sure you can get online with the PC version if you were to import it. As many people have been playing PSU-JP version online for some time now on PC. But dont hold me to that.

My Source for this Info being the official psu board at www.phantasystaruniverse.com

Hope this Helps

Darkwolf30
23-10-2006, 08:48 PM
Well then that confirms that you shouldn't import the PS2 us version of PSU. Thanks Kevwin.