PDA

View Full Version : I think...

Darkwolf30
10-10-2006, 02:55 AM
I think that beast is the best for a Hunter. High ATP and HP. They get around 1k Hp at level 25 and 300 ATP!

tbhova
10-10-2006, 04:11 AM
Yeah I think Beast Probly Are The Best Suited For Hunters. But I want A Human FO. They Look So Cool In The Demo.

Moonwraith
10-10-2006, 07:11 AM
Even a Newman can make a decent Hunter, but Beasts and Casts are probably best. It's not all that big a deal though, well, not in the early stages of the game.

pink
10-10-2006, 11:44 AM
Well, PSU lets you be a lot more "free" with your characters. So make whatever kind of hunter you want and don't focus on raw stats. :P

Moonwraith
10-10-2006, 05:55 PM
You can switch your character class (or Type, to use the proper term) at any time anyway, so even if Newman Hunter fails, you can always switch - provided you have the Meseta to do so.

Don't forget Expert Types: Newmans may make awesome Wartechters (HU/FO hybrid Expert Type) too, with their naturally high Technic abilities.

Kitsadoodles
10-10-2006, 09:57 PM
yeah, although beasts will make great hunters for most, maybe there's someone out there who wants a hunter with a lot of defense (a cast, they rule!) !!! and maybe someone wants a Newman. for their magical defense (I thin that's what it is...) so it all really depends on what you prefer in a hunter!

MarioVet
11-10-2006, 04:01 AM
I have a question, can you change the size of your characters? Becuase if i don't get to be a midget beast i am sueing.

Rati_Ross
11-10-2006, 11:15 AM
as im always a HUcast i dont htink ill change even if the game is tryign to make me be a ranger !! lol :P lol and a midget beast would own so much :)

Moonwraith
11-10-2006, 12:06 PM
There are proportion sliders, so you can make a midget Beast if you want.

Rati_Ross
11-10-2006, 05:33 PM
WOW so you can make midget everything liek PSO and fat midgets??? aswell right? or do didferent chracters have limits like PSO where some could be taller/smaller??

pink
11-10-2006, 05:45 PM
I'd say it'll be just like PSO for proportions... saves Sega some programming. Besides... they'll likely inevitably make it so females can't be taller than the tallest male... they already added all the old gender biases anyways. :P

Rati_Ross
11-10-2006, 05:52 PM
I'd say it'll be just like PSO for proportions... saves Sega some programming. Besides... they'll likely inevitably make it so females can't be taller than the tallest male... they already added all the old gender biases anyways. :P
yeah but the man has to be tlaler to feel liek hes in control/over powering to the women otherwise his ego srinks and he gets depressed :( lol and if he thinks he is hes happy then the females are cos they kow tehy are lol :P

MarioVet
12-10-2006, 02:41 AM

Wewt!

I am midget beast sebastian.... hear me meow...

and when i turn into a lion or whatever...

I will be a Midget lion! @_@

colohue
12-10-2006, 06:03 PM
You can ever change the pitch of your character's voice for the symbol chat type stuff.

That will be abused. I refuse to play with anybody who's character only exists to abuse the character creation limits.

PD Edge
12-10-2006, 09:55 PM
I do wonder if any of the older PSO styled clothing will show up in PSU. So we can remake our old chars if we want.

Kitsadoodles
13-10-2006, 01:08 AM
I totally agree! a lot of the clothing in PSU is too...normal for hunters/guardians to have! in PSO, they were special...now, they're still insanely awesome, but normal for the time period.

pink
13-10-2006, 01:34 AM
Bah. I like it better this way. I can have a properly dressed female hunter. :P

Kitsadoodles
13-10-2006, 01:59 AM
that's also completely true! I almost forgot about that, I was really only thinking of the characters that got 'downgraded' from armor to clothing. and anyway, most of the new clothing in PSU is AAAAWE---SOME!

pink
13-10-2006, 03:05 AM
Bought darn time. I can dress Pink up to look just like me! ...Then add some kitty gear. XD

MarioVet
15-10-2006, 08:31 AM
I hate the clothing... I won't be satisfied with the clothes unless their is clothes to make my midget lion a oompa loompa looking thing, or a nekked midget with black bars covering the places @_@. That would be Sweet!:P

pink
15-10-2006, 03:56 PM
That'd just be gross... and the regular clothes are just fine. It's great for making your character look more like yourself if you want to.

Kitsadoodles
15-10-2006, 05:45 PM
yeah, I'm also glad they put more personality and unique-ness into the clothing for PSU. although everyone can wear the same clothing, I doubt you'll find too many people who look the same as you! however, there certainly will be some outfits that A TON of people will be using, like the trenchcoat for the males.

pink
15-10-2006, 05:48 PM
Of course! Cause trenchcoats are just awsome. :P

Kitsadoodles
15-10-2006, 05:52 PM
and don't we know it! they will rule the Phantasy Star Universe!

Darkwolf30
15-10-2006, 06:01 PM
There will be some people wearing the same but i'm pretty sure we will get alot more difference than we had in PSO.

Beat X500
15-10-2006, 06:50 PM
I'm loving the clothing they have (In the beta at least) to start out with. But it gets abit silly when you see loads of people with the same top on. Makes me feel less unique, in this crazy combat world.

Clothes - to buy - seem abit pricey too, at least at the Guardian's Colony stores. I think I saw a top/coat for 10,000 meseta. Madness!

mr_shoe_uk
15-10-2006, 07:44 PM
The idea of rare clothes sounds pretty awesome, however.

Darkwolf30
15-10-2006, 08:09 PM
The whole game sounds sweet :P hopefully there will be alot of cloths.

MarioVet
15-10-2006, 09:53 PM
It would seriously suck if the game ends up sucking. Because i might be the only one who thinks this but the intro is Coooornyyy.....

Darkwolf30
16-10-2006, 01:35 AM
Oh im sure the game will be really good. I heard onlines fun from some of my friends who are playing Beta.

nomercy
16-10-2006, 10:09 PM
First of all, naked beasts would be very freaky. Secondly, I think we all know what we'll see when PSU is released to the public at large, don't you? Neo from the Matrix, in his resplendant black trenchcoat.

pink
16-10-2006, 10:21 PM
*giggles* Oh yes, there will be plenty of tribute characters... I'm sure there will be a hundred or so variations of popular Final Fantasy characters as well, etc, etc. It's inevitable. :P

MarioVet
17-10-2006, 12:33 AM
Whatever D:

If you see a random nekked beast screaming random comments in the really cool lobbies (@_@) it is me.

Kai?

And I for one will never ever ever put on a trenchcoat, how oogly D:

RebelMaren
17-10-2006, 01:14 AM
On the subject of threads, I've not seen anyone in the beta but myself who's stripped of their top in favor of the gym vest. Jack looks class with the Black/Orange vest/trousers combo.

and it's free to to strip down too XD

edit: oh and Trenchcoats FTW, not the basic male ones, but the ones in the Clothes section on PSUpedia, very film noir

Darkwolf30
17-10-2006, 01:31 AM
Trenchcoats pwn! FTW lol but girls have much cooler equip.

Kitsadoodles
17-10-2006, 01:40 AM
yeah, but guys have trenchcoats .... -_-

pink
17-10-2006, 02:14 AM
The jackets look fine on the girls... but the starting pants need to die... >.> ...stupid Sega...

Darkwolf30
17-10-2006, 02:20 AM
they need to add fishnets for the girls like maya wears :P

pink
17-10-2006, 03:23 AM
*grumbles* What they NEED is some actual decent clothing to start with. There's like, 1 decent length pair of shorts, 1 pair of actual pants... and 7 pairs of tiny, unacceptable shorts...

Darkwolf30
17-10-2006, 03:32 AM
Lol they need fishnets too! Always but yea i agree with you.

pink
17-10-2006, 05:23 AM
Sometimes I hate Sega... stupid indecent clothing highly outnumbering proper clothing...

RebelMaren
17-10-2006, 03:52 PM
Full RAmarl orange and black Gear with Orange Rati attatchment... Not like. A man can dream though, a man can dream.

Oh and Scars for the face, I need my scars.

Mirinee
17-10-2006, 08:36 PM
Is that race Beast got anything to do with "A.Beast"? That'll be funny in Battle Mode, if you could get a weapon with A.Beast %'s to attack a Beast. XD
*grumbles* What they NEED is some actual decent clothing to start with. There's like, 1 decent length pair of shorts, 1 pair of actual pants... and 7 pairs of tiny, unacceptable shorts...We'll be thankful that it's not all unacceptable shorts, as was in the case of HUnewearl (where you can also only change the fatness of her chest :(). Do girls not wear long skirts anymore in PSU?Sometimes I hate Sega... stupid indecent clothing highly outnumbering proper clothing...I know how you feel. Unfortunately, it's a male dominated gaming market, and lots of guys like indecently clothed female game characters. :S Don't know about PSU, but if you'll look at PSO's male non-androids, you'll see that the FOnewm is most undressed, because he is showing all the skin on his hands! Shock!! Then it's FOmar, who is modest enough to cover up most of his hands, with just his fingers showing. HUmar and RAmar are gloved, and one RAmar doesn't even show his face. So you see, I was rather surprised when RebelMaren mentioned he wore a sports vest. The indecency(!).

I might have said this before, but I hope that they have some decent FOrce robes (not strips of cloth like what many other RPGs mages wear, but actual robes, please!), either on character creation or for buying. PD Edge is absolutely right --they should understand that a large percentage of players will have played PSO and many of them will want to recreate.

Another thing I'd really like to see is the option to have cloaks. I seriously doubt it, because they are hard to animate and "old-fashioned", but I can dream too. ^_^

Darkwolf30
17-10-2006, 08:52 PM
There isn't long robes. Sorry, and no cloaks either.

pink
17-10-2006, 09:04 PM
Hopefully Sega will grow a brain and add them in one of their patches or something...

Mirinee
17-10-2006, 09:13 PM
Aww... :'( I'm a little disappointed now, but I shan't judge the game purely on the lack of robes/cloaks, and not before I've seen it for myself!

Patches, maybe. Heh, thanks the optimism. :)

pink
17-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Yes... I have a REAL positive additude when it comes to updates and Sega... :P

Darkwolf30
17-10-2006, 09:35 PM
Lol hopefully there will be good updates!

RebelMaren
18-10-2006, 12:27 AM
Pro Gamer Tip: Check the clothing section over at PSUpedia, you may find yourself plesently surprised.

Mirinee
18-10-2006, 12:41 AM
!!!
There's a skirt!
:o There's a robe! And there's a cute Rappy outfit too! :cool: This is great!

Kitsadoodles
18-10-2006, 01:22 AM
I saw that robe too, now I want my FOmar! I love FOmars, and I planned on making one in PSU; it'd be pretty hard without the beautiful robes!

pink
18-10-2006, 01:43 AM
*giggles* Lucky I'm far from picky when it comes to clothes, but I will get the one I like best.

colohue
18-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Pro Gamer Tip: Check the clothing section over at PSUpedia, you may find yourself plesently surprised.

PSUniverse gamer tip: Be Patient and wait from updates from the guy who's actually playing the game instead of a bunch of people looking at JP videos on YouTube.

Darkwolf30
18-10-2006, 12:36 PM
Sweet fish nets! wonder where to get those >.> And that rappy suit is amazing!

PSUniverse gamer tip: Be Patient and wait from updates from the guy who's actually playing the game instead of a bunch of people looking at JP videos on YouTube.

Ive played Jp version and so has Rebel Maren. So we're not looking at jp videos.

colohue
18-10-2006, 05:16 PM
Then blog me. ;)

Understand that there is a rule against advertising sites in direct competition to us. Please respect it.

RebelMaren
18-10-2006, 05:20 PM
I am being patient, I'll perfectly happy with what clothes are available from the start, but I'm looking forward to getting the, in my opinion, better clothes later on.

I was just trying to let people know that alot of the clothes they wished they could have, were in fact going to be in the game eventually.

And I'm pretty sure PSUpedia is very well informed site, it's certainely chock full of information, that from my experience on the PC and Xbox versions, I cannot deny to be true.

edit: aaaw, I thought all the PSU sites were one big happy family :P

pink
18-10-2006, 05:38 PM
Nope. They're all in red-hot competition just like the various PSO information sites. XD Can't break tradition no? :P

RebelMaren
18-10-2006, 05:45 PM
Think I'll stay as a Mercenary of the Internet in that case :P

Tycho
18-10-2006, 09:36 PM
PSUniverse gamer tip: Be Patient and wait from updates from the guy who's actually playing the game instead of a bunch of people looking at JP videos on YouTube. Understand that there is a rule against advertising sites in direct competition to us.

I had been pointed to your post, and must say I feel offended by how quick you judge things.

- All of the staff of PSUPedia has imported Phantasy Star Universe, and has not just been "watching videos on Youtube". What made you say this, other than perhaps an irrational dislike, is beyond me.
- I've finished and understood the offline game, and browse sites to find information like any Japanese person would. I can tell you these things help a lot.
- If PSUniverse does not yet have information about certain topics, then regarding those aspects, they cannot really be competing with anyone, now can they? This may be just me, but personally I also think it's kind of hard to compare dynamic sites to wiki-based ones.
- You are using the word 'us' to refer to this site, making the implication that somehow you are part of their staff, or somehow gain anything from their success. Are you perhaps an extreme-right-wing patriot as well?
By using 'competition' you also imply that somehow, if people from this site were to visit other sites as well, this site would somehow be hindered by that, like if in real-life a company's employees would buy products from the competitors. I don't think where you got this, but it's not really true. If anything, it might enrich the knowledge of the userbase of this site. PSOW, as well as PSUPedia, have been able to pioneer information because their users did not act like xenophobes, and were willing to interpret information from foreign sites.

I understand your intentions are to be of use to people you like over here, but at this rate you're not only limiting the visions and knowledge of people around here, but you would also appear as a prick.

Personally I think the same way as RebelMaren, and would like for all of the people interested in PSU to be able to cooperate regarding information.

Darkwolf30
18-10-2006, 09:45 PM
Then blog me. ;)

Understand that there is a rule against advertising sites in direct competition to us. Please respect it.
how are you in competition? You don't have a clothing spot yet so you can't really comptete with that. And in theory it's not keep us away from here its only making the peoples knowledge of PSU much better making them able to post alot more info "HERE".

So don't get your panties in a bunch over it.

pink
18-10-2006, 09:58 PM
...people need to really stop using that saying.

The issue's more about posting links to these "competing" sites than anything. I can understand that well enough.

RebelMaren
18-10-2006, 10:10 PM
That said, I couldn't find that mentioned in the rules...

Ah well, I still say it's silly competing with all these other sites when together the entire game could be explored and understood by everyone as a community...

"Your Not the Only Hero"

... Where did I learn that?... XD

Darkwolf30
18-10-2006, 10:34 PM
That said, I couldn't find that mentioned in the rules...

Ah well, I still say it's silly competing with all these other sites when together the entire game could be explored and understood by everyone as a community...

"Your Not the Only Hero"

... Where did I learn that?... XD
I agree with you. Would make it much better.

...people need to really stop using that saying.
I just felt like saying that lol. I dont usually.

Orphen
28-10-2006, 09:13 PM
Personally I prefer the balanced stats of a human, while the specialized classes are great and all, the whole situation with the three switchable jobs leads me to believe it's one of the best choices to be well-rounded in everything. Beasts do lead to be pretty good hunters, especially with their high attack power as well as their HP, but high HP kinda isn't everything if you have low defense, as well as the marginal accuracy issue, even as a human it's irritating to hit 0's (miss) and the like, plus, I don't intend on staying a hunter forever, especially once the special jobs come out, I'm gonna want to learn more about those too.

tkhbecker
13-11-2006, 09:43 PM
I Hope They Do Come Out With The PSO Costumes. Especially The Ranger With The Ski Mask. Maybe Theyll Be Included As The Special Outfits?

pink
13-11-2006, 10:07 PM
Well they've got the game set up for it to easily be possible. The code used to give Ethan his "customized Braves" clothing would suit the PSO costumes well since it gives you an entire set of clothes with one item.

On the other hand, being able to use the clothing in pieces would lead to better customization! It's hard to decide what would be better. XD

Kitsadoodles
13-11-2006, 11:53 PM
I also hope we get some of the PSO clothes, since there'd still be an option not to use some of the bad ones! But I really want a robe, really really badly!

Orphen
27-11-2006, 05:46 PM
Ooh, well when it comes out, who's gonna be running about in a Rappy Costume? :P

nomercy
27-11-2006, 05:55 PM
Ooh, well when it comes out, who's gonna be running about in a Rappy Costume? :P

That's for CASTs, right? Isn't it already around?

Orphen
29-11-2006, 06:54 PM
It is not out yet, no.

nomercy
29-11-2006, 07:52 PM
Surely it's out on offline, though? Or is it another online-only item?

pink
29-11-2006, 09:31 PM
It's an online only item. Clothing offline is EXTREMELY limited. CAST parts are even moreso.

nomercy
29-11-2006, 10:12 PM
Hmm. Ah well, I don't really like the look of it that much anyway. And since it's clothing, no defence advantages by looking like a dork.

Orphen
01-12-2006, 10:16 PM
I think so too, I like very much how my character looks on the game now, finally got to settle with a costume setup, and now I look even more like me IRL. XD

Kitsadoodles
02-12-2006, 05:14 PM
That rappy suit is crazy. No doubt about it. I just want to see a rappy with a laser cannon, that's all!

nomercy
06-12-2006, 06:44 PM
I agree, that would be quite hilarious.

Orphen
12-12-2006, 05:04 PM
I switch on occasion between two Braves Jackets, now. And a Kusutarika vest, from time to time.